Friday, September 7, 2012

A week in review: 7 days in the life of Poopwa Foley

Sometimes, I hear conversations and/or phrasing that make me laugh, or things I think are interesting, or far fetched, or ghastly, and I write them down immediately, because I'm always thinking of YOU, dear reader, and how to entertain YOU. 

I just reread this and realize I should be honest.  I'm not writing things down for you.  No, I write them down because I'm on the downside of 45 and forget EVERYTHING.

Case in point.  Last night, my daughter told me that she was going to be working 12-6 today, Friday.  Around 5:00 pm, I begin to freak out because I have called her twice with no answer, and there is no response to my texts.  I have completely forgotten that she is working until I get her text which says, and I quote, "I'm working LOL."  I quickly called off the search parties.  In less than 24 hours, I managed to not only have a conversation with her about her hours for today, but turn around and panic when I don't hear back from her, because I didn't remember she was safely at work, ignoring her phone, because she's working.  At her job.

Yes, I'm getting old.

However, here are some of the things that have happened lately that I have managed to write down and remember for yens:


so. beautiful.  so. hard. to. take. a. good. picture.
 1)  The moon last Friday night.  It was awesome.  This was taken right after we got home from seeing the Bodeans at the "On the Waterfront", around midnight. 

**

2)  An argument between my two oldest children.  Those arguments used to be over toys, or tattling, or the TV station they were watching. 

Argument 12 years ago:

    "Mom, he took my Barbie." 
    "Mom, she's watched this already, can't I watch my channel?"

Argument now:

Oldest child (son, 23) tiredly makes his way up the basement stairs.  My husband and I and my daughter (21), are sitting on the couch.

    Boy:  My knees are so sore.

    Girl:  Maybe if you weren't on them so much they wouldn't hurt.

    Boy:  (long pause) I can't think of a comeback right now, but when I do, it's going to be f*****g epic. (bedroom door slams)


Still trying to think of something f*****g epic.  It's going to take a while.

**

3)  This unbelievably thoughtful gift my husband got me.  He recently discovered 'the Ebay'.  We set him up a Paypal account and I slid a pamphlet on computer addictions under his pillow. 

But look!  Look!  A poster of one of my most favorite movies about witches!  In a beautiful frame we bought on a shopping trip together!


"Fall in love whenever you can." - Sally Owens
Oh, I will, Sally.  I will.
 To go along with that, I also have a shrine area where I have that paperback and also an adorable beanie baby, a black cat, wearing a witch hat. 

I know!

Possibly the finest literature ever.  And a cat.  On my nightstand.  Before I took this picture, I removed all of the used Kleenexes, cough drop wrappers, and dog hair-y earplugs.  You're welcome.
 **

4) Sunday I made a lovely bean and pasta soup, recipe courtesy of my sister.  I took a picture of the soup but it looked too much like barf so I left that off.  Better luck next time.

** 

5)  I am pretty sure I have a story that's going to be in a book coming out the end of next month.  Stay tuned for more details, like when I actually know for SURE.  However, I made it through the first round and now they're going to send it to me for editing, so...keep your fingers crossed for me.  I'll know more in a few weeks.

**

I think there were a few more things that I wrote down so I would remember. 

However, I forgot my notebook out in the car and the garage door is already shut, so that's that.

I'll have to start a new list of things to remember.  Number One will be to get my notebook out of the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment