Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day Steaks and Deadliest Catch

Father’s Day can be absolutely delicious.

This morning we woke up at a leisurely 9:30 and read the paper together with some strong coffee to get our eyelids open.  Although sometimes it seems as though there’s hardly anything actually IN the Sunday paper, I still love it, with all of the colorful ads of things I like to look at, although not necessarily buy.

After reading and caffeining, we put on our walking shoes and headed over to Baumann Park for a couple of laps; we think it’s about 2.5 miles, maybe a little bit more.  My aching muscles tell me it’s the “maybe a little more” part.

Back to the house for showers.  Joe took some leftover pasta salad and a brat to mama’s house for her dinner, then off to have a beer with friend Steve.  (Hey, it IS Father’s Day.  Who am I to argue?)

Besides, I had some serious errands to run…picking up a prescription, exchanging a shirt at Kohl’s and picking up some serious T Bones at Logli, which I promptly marinated.

Here they are, cooking on the grill:



Here’s the Grillmaster on his special day…I'm sure he's thinking about me...


(Steak. Steak. Steak. Steak.)


Shrooms, lovingly cooked in ½ a beer, 3 tbs of butter, and some garlic powder.  These are quite heavenly piled up high on your T-bone.  Or pretty much right out of the pan.


Of course I'm a fungus.  But I'm a delicious fungus.

And of course, Sunday libations. 


Big Carla, on the right, obvy.  Notice how much bigger mine is than Joe's.

yes, this is "Big Carl."

On Cougartown, Courtney Cox has a wine glass that is the size of a pitcher of Koolaid that she affectionately calls “Big Carl.”  (see above.)

I have my own version that I have affectionately named “Big Carla.”  (More often than not, she is my writing partner.)

Tummies full, we’re catching up on some Deadliest Catch.  Still on the agenda:  cherry cheesecake. 

See?  Father’s Day can be delicious.

Happy Father’s Day to all you dads!!

No comments:

Post a Comment